Let’s be clear up front, it’s not just about the money. This is about our whole lives, our attitude to others and living generously.
When God calls Abraham in Genesis 12:2 he says:
“I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.”
This is how we are to live, blessed to be a blessing. When we live like that we will transform our church and our communities. Each of us has some time, some talents and resources that we can give for the blessing of others.
So we can be the kind of people that give generously.
Here are three ways that you can be a generous give
Be on a team – we have so many places where you can use your gifts at Hillside. You will be helping others and making the place work well so that we can help people follow the way of Jesus.
Giving financially to Hillside Church – the work at Hillside is only possible because of your generosity.
Tell us something that you can do that we don’t know.
Volunteer in the wider community – there are loads of great things that you can help with across Gateshead such as the Food Bank. Or get involved with making your street the best place. A little of your time or expertise can make a big difference.
A great welcome is part of Hillside’s DNA but other areas of our life together need a little more work.
We have a rich history of volunteering in a spirit of seeking to promote the work of God in the life of Hillside and further afield.
If you wondering how you might be able to contribute please take a look at the following opportunities and ideas.
- Church Wardens
- Communications (social media and beyond!)
- Welcome Team & information giving
- Cafe Church (cooking/serving/clearing
- Events (room set-up/take down
- Graphic/Creative Design (reflect church seasons and other ideas)
- Production (Sound, Vision & Lighting)
- Drama (On Sundays or Open The Book)
- Puppets (let your imagination go)
- Dance (Special events?/A certain song?
- Hillside Choir
- Pastoral (helping us to be better)
- Life Group Leader (General or through a specific activity)
- Site Maintenance
- Environmental Maintenance (landscape)
- Pastoral Care/Help
- Life Group Leader
- Giving Point (contactless payment supervisor)
- Sunday School Teachers
- Hillside Youth Volunteers Sunday
- Hillside Youth Volunteers Friday