Five ways to pray for Afghanistan today
- Please pray for the small group of believers in the country. They are walking on eggshells and are uncertain who to trust. Pray that they find strength, wisdom, and supernatural peace in God’s promises.
- Pray for the displaced. A new wave of refugees is expected to come from Afghanistan to many parts of the Middle East and the rest of the world. Pray for God’s protection and provision over them in their journeys.
- Pray for the women. Many women fear that the Taliban rule would mean they would be stripped of opportunities for education. Women involved in education during the past years could also be at risk – pray for their protection.
- Pray for the sick. Though underreported in international media, Covid-19 cases are spiking in the country and hospitals are limited in what they can offer. There is no certainty as to how the healthcare system will be able to sustain itself with the new Taliban government. Pray that the healthcare system will not collapse.
- Pray that the country will not be a haven for extremists. The Taliban government of 20 years ago are known enablers of extremist Islamic organisations. With their newfound control over Afghanistan, the country could be host to a new generation of terror groups.
Hillside’s Ministry Team is there to give a listening ear and to pray with you.
Weekly – Wed 12.30 pm – 1.30 pm – All Saints
Weekly – Thurs 9.00 am – 9.30 am – All Saints
Monthly – 1st Wed in the month 7.30 pm – 9.00 pm – All Saints
Leave a prayer request by voicemail at any time on our Prayer Phone.
The number is given on our weekly News Sheet. These messages are sent out to the Prayer Team for their prompt prayer response.
Or use the Get in Touch tab.